This guide was prepared to help community health representatives (CHRs) inNunavut access information about premature babies that is available at The Hospital for Sick Children’s (SickKids) website, www.aboutkidshealth.ca. The evidence-based health information was created in collaboration with expert health professionals at SickKids.
Because the Premature Babies resource centre on www.aboutkidshealth.ca is hundreds of pages long, and material on a topic is sometimes
spread across several pages, it can be challenging to find information without a fast Internet connection. This summary guide will help.
The guide is available in English, French, and Inuktitut.
List of Topics
- Detailed index of aboutkidshealth.ca resource centre
- About premature babies
- Respiratory distress syndrome (RDS)
- Intraventricular hemorrhage (IVH)
- Skin problems in newborn babies
- Effects of prematurity on behaviour and intellectual ability
- Premature babies: Learning disabilities
- Development of speech and language
- Small for gestational age